Modern Dating Rules
Dating Etiquette Code
The Mai Tai Dating Consultants have thought long and hard about your potential match but when it comes to the date, you need to make sure you are on top form. Therefore, we have put together some advice on simple dating etiquette which will ensure your date gets off on the right foot.
- Running fashionably late can happen but make sure you message ahead so your date knows you are still coming.
- We want your experience to be as natural as possible but there is nothing wrong with a little preparation. Think about some simple questions which will help you learn something about your date and potentially fill in awkward silences.
- Dress for the occasion, strictly no jeans or trainers. Save your clubbing gear for Ibiza and select something elegant. This includes men!
- First date nerves are normal but don't try to drown them out with alcohol. Go steady on the wine, you need to make that good impression.
- Mobile phones are great for updating everyone on the progress of your date but make sure this is done well away from the table. Checking your phone every five minutes is an undesirable trait that most people find ignorant, so don't do it.
- Stay away from conversations relating to other online dating experiences, it could give the wrong impression.
- Try to enjoy the night for what it is, a first date. Enjoy the persons' company, even if they may not be your ideal partner. Remember never to be rude, even if you're just not that into them.
- Use our online chat to continue any conversation after the date but remember the clock is ticking and you online have 24 hours to decide if you want to exchange details.